INLG 2020 solicits papers on any topic related to NLG. General topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Affect/emotion generation
- Analysis and detection of automatically generated text
- Applications for people with disabilities
- Cognitive modelling of language production
- Content and text planning
- Corpora and resources for NLG
- Deep learning models for NLG
- Ethical considerations of NLG
- Evaluation of NLG systems
- Explainability, Fairness and Trustworthy of NLG systems
- Generalizability of NLG systems
- Grounded language generation
- Multimedia and multimodality in generation
- Natural language understanding techniques for NLG
- NLG and accessibility
- NLG and speech synthesis
- NLG in dialogue
- NLG for embodied agents and robots
- NLG for real-world applications
- Paraphrasing, summarization and translation
- Personalisation and variation in text
- Referring expression generation
- Storytelling and narrative generation
- Surface realisation
- Systems architecture
A separate call for workshops will be released soon.
Submissions & Format
Submissions should follow ACL Author Guidelines and policies for submission, review and citation, and be anonymised for double blind reviewing. ACL 2020 offers both LaTeX style files and Microsoft Word templates, an Overleaf template is also available here
Papers should be submitted electronically through the START conference management system
(to be opened in due course).
Three kinds of papers can be submitted:
Long papers are most appropriate for presenting substantial research results and must not exceed eight (8) pages of content, with up to two additional pages for references.
Short papers are more appropriate for presenting an ongoing research effort and must not exceed four (4) pages, with up to one extra page for references.
Demo papers should be no more than two (2) pages in length, including references, and should describe implemented systems which are of relevance to the NLG community. Authors of demo papers should be willing to present a demo of their system during INLG 2020.
All accepted papers will be published in the INLG 2020 proceedings and included in the ACL anthology. A paper accepted for presentation at INLG 2020 must not have been presented at any other meeting with publicly available proceedings. Dual submission to other conferences is permitted, provided that authors clearly indicate this in the "Acknowledgements" section of the paper when submitted. If the paper is accepted at both venues, the authors will need to choose which venue to present at, since they can not present the same paper twice.